The Guidance Office at Forge Christian High School cultivates and maintains a vibrant college-readiness culture.
Our primary goal is to help our students do their best academically and “pass life,” including encouraging student development in their convictions, character, and community. We promote academic achievement, career development, and personal growth through relationships with each student. The Guidance Team works collaboratively with parents/guardians, teachers, staff, and administration to help students mature mentally, physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
Our focus is on the following:
- Supporting college aspirations
- Academic Planning for College and Career
- Encouraging extracurricular engagement
- Facilitating college and career exploration and selection
- Providing college and career assessments
- Discussing college affordability and planning
- Navigating the college admissions process
- Making the transition from high school to college or other post-secondary options
Students and parents/guardians can access Forge’s one-on-one guidance and counseling support to prepare for college and college admissions.
Topics we can cover individually include:
- College planning timeline
- College fit and college list building
- Career and major exploration
- Researching colleges and universities through Naviance, college websites, and other resources
- Resume writing assistance
- Common application activities list guidance
- College essay brainstorming
- Financial fit and financial aid counseling
- Reviewing pros and cons of college acceptances
- Evaluating financial aid packages and net cost
- Transition to college and resources at college of choice